Monday 3 January 2022

HOW TO DESIGN A TYPICAL AL-JAZEERA LOGO


We all watch either the BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeera Channel, to name but few. I was actually reflecting on some pieces of news I heard on the Al-Jazeera channel when I was struck with the idea which lead into this tutorial. The good news was that that wasn’t my first time watching the channel but you know what, I never paid much attention to that awesome logo!
So, in this tutorial, you will see how I created the Al-Jazeera logo with my CorelDraw X13 (lower version of CorelDraw can also be use). I’m sorry if you had expected something like the Adobe Illustrator for this tutorial; the fact is that CorelDraw is an old friend that should be entertained. If you follow this tutorial till the end, you will get suffice of what I said.
The final image will look like this:
 
Let’s swing into action
As a common routine, fire-up your CorelDraw program. In this tutorial, the tools and techniques used were as follows:
a. Pen tool b. Fill dialog c. Outline tool d. Basic drawing (beginner level is welcome)
Step 1
One common solution which I do notice in many complex logo of our time is that they require simple approach. The Al-Jazeera logo was actually some curvy vectors joined together. So, grab your Pen tool from the toolbar; then draw the first wing (permit me to use that word!) of the logo. In my screenshot below, I made a sketch; though, at first, it may seems rough but with the help of the Shape tool, I was able to shape/smooth the wing to my taste.

 
 
  
Step 2
Using the Fill Dialog, fill the smoothed shape with a color of C=10 M=30 Y=100 K=0. If that was successful, proceed to remove the outline of the shape.



Step 3
Now, we shall draw the second wing/shape using the same Pen tool. Smooth your sketch where necessary. To save some time, I didn’t add any color this time – that will be at the end of the tutorial.
 

To continue viewing:

BUY THIS MATERIAL!




2 comments:

Please drop your comments

Back to Top

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Advertisement